WaterGroup - Smart Meter Technician
Do you want valuable on-the-ground engineering experience with one of Australia’s true innovators in the water conservation industry AND make a valuable contribution to a more waterwise world?
Do you want work with a degree of flexibility, and thus have the potential to be organised around your studies?
Join the WaterGroup team today as our smart metering technician.
This position involves deploying smart metering technology to WaterGroup’s commercial clients throughout Sydney and NSW. Through installing the technology you will gain hands on experience in a demanding outdoors work environment while being responsible for helping large water users save wate
- Casual work between studies (8-16hrs week average)
- Must be able to utilise basic handyman skills in a challenging environment
- Understand and configure engineering variables via our web based system
- Must be diligent
- Need to follow detailed instructions and quality assurance systems
- Potential for more permanent work in the future
Smart meters are small electronic devices connected by a short cable to a conventional water meter to record the water consumption of building/factory. These units must be bolted/attached/fastened to a nearby location requiring basic handyman skills. Additional work in online smart metering configuration and in Excel analysing data may be required (training provided).
We operate nation-wide. This position is for a Sydney based technician with occasional work in other parts of NSW and potentially interstate. Deploying each unit requires;
- attention to detail in working within WG’s OH&S policy
- attention to detail in working within WG’s QA procedure
- liaising with clients to find suitable water meters, undertake OH&S inductions and positively represent WG on site
- ability to attach smart meters/vandal proof enclosures to a variety of surfaces including steel and concrete
- configuring and quality checking the results of your work, analysing it online and making recommendations how to improve sustainability outcomes
- Drivers licence
- Confidence to speak with clients in person
- Legally able to work in Australia
Non-Essential but Favourable
Ideally you will be studying a relevant field of engineering such as: electronic, environmental, mechanical, civil, etc. Experience in an electronic, environmental or engineering organisation
Email your resume and a one page cover letter detailing your suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org