Smart Metering Engineer & Analyst
Your opportunity to ‘own’ and further develop our AWARE Service Program. Bring customer excellence to some of Australia’s largest companies by delivering real, measurable water savings. Manage multiple client portfolios and bring flair to data with expert engineering analysis. Possibility to consider part-time.
We are looking for a diligent mech/civil/chem/process engineer with strong hydraulic skills who loves interacting with people. You will be working closely with our clients and assisting them in determining the most appropriate action to take to rectify abnormal water consumption. Under our AWARE, Active Water Analysis Risk and Efficiency program, you will liaise with clients until the issue is resolved. You will be responsible for the recording of results to monitor and verify savings achieved and build regular summary reports.
Due to the dynamic nature of our business and the relatively small team, there is a tremendous opportunity for growth. Your role, tasks and responsibilities will evolve accordingly. To thrive in this role, you should seek this flexibility whilst managing everyday tasks.
Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills are a must. This will help liaise with the client’s site staff to take action and manage their needs. You will apply your engineering expertise to understand what issues may be, find additional value add options, refine what we offer, develop additional services, and streamline how we help our clients save water and money. This includes the engineering input toward cutting-edge pattern recognition and ML models.
The role includes understanding how data is gathered, recorded, transmitted, stored, processed, and displayed to assist in troubleshooting and triaging hardware and communication issues, even though this is not a data engineering role.
You may also be involved in our water use assessments and preparing single-line hydraulic diagrams to help customers better monitor their water use.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Turn data into actionable, value-adding insights and recommendations
- Configuration of customer reports
- Smart Water Metering alarm management: Analysing data trends, managing meter alarms and system alerts, ensuring quality data is processed and conveyed to the client
- Triggering of corrective action associated with water leaks
- Monitoring and reporting of water savings achieved to customers
- Support the installation/replacement team with SM maintenance and troubleshooting
- General administration duties
- Degree in engineering (a strong hydraulic element will be looked upon favourably)
- 2 –5 years’ experience in water engineering will be highly advantageous
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills – both verbal & written
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel)
- Ability to gain an understanding of metering systems and data requirements
- Ability to think creatively to innovate and resolve problems efficiently and effectively.
- Strong data analysis and interpretation skills
- Ability to adjust quickly to change
- Understanding practical site conditions and constraints
- Experience liaising with multiple stakeholders
- Proven ability to manage and develop both internal and external processes
WaterGroup is one of the largest integrated corporate water savings companies in Australia. We are based near the train line on Sydney’s north shore. By leveraging the Internet of Things, innovation and sustainable solutions, our services and products help utilities defend themselves against drought. We help large water commercial and institutional users save water and money. We have received multiple industry awards, including the IoT Impact Award.
If you feel you are the right person for our clients and us, we look forward to receiving your application.
- Access to Company Car (Tesla Model Y)
- Onsite Parking
- Phone allowance
- Flexible working arrangements, including partial WFH
- Professional Development – master new skills!
If you feel you are the right person for our clients and us, we look forward to receiving your application. Please apply by sending your resume to email@example.com.
Please note that applications are only open to Australian permanent residents, citizens, and visa holders.